Today (November, Saturday 21st) I was invited to participate in a youth ministry panel at Vanguard university regarding the the dynamic changes Evangelical churches have undergone in the last 10-15 years as a result of GenX’s impact, and now, GenY (GenWe).
Here was some of the question the panel wrestle through:
- Are there ‘theological’ distinctives in the way that the Gen-X/Y church views its mission vs. the Baby Boomer church?
- What would you say are the greatest challenges remaining for generational integration in the church today in the way that the Gen-X/Y church views its mission vs. the Baby Boomer church?
- How does socio-economic status and material culture play into youth issues?
- How do we get this generation to not only value “incarnational theology” (faith in practice and involvement), but also reflection and devotion in daily life?
- Finally, what would you say are the greatest challenges to youth ministries today? Why?
I would love to hear how some of you would answer these questions.