Question:: What about demons?
The movies Exorcist, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and Paramonia Activity have sparked the demon question amongst teenagers?
Answer:: 4 Realities of Demons
1. Angels that sinned long ago have been put away (2 Peter 2.4)
NIV 2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
2. Pagan religions sacrifice to demons (Deut. 32.17, Psalm 106.37, Mat 8.31)
3. Christian has spiritual authority to drive out demons (Mat 10.1)
* Oppression- demonic power that has influence in places, spaces, people, organization
– Christians can be tempted by demonic activity.
– Christians should not dabble with demonic/dark stuff… horror movies, porn, wigi board, new age, occult stuff,
* Possession- people can have demonic spirits living in them. Spirits are invisible need stuff to show themselves.
– Some spirits are more wicked than others (Mat 12.45, Mark 1.27, Luke 8.28)
Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation. (Mat 12:45)
4. Jesus cast out demons or evil spirits (Mark 1.27, Luke 8.29)
– Jesus drove out demons by the Spirit of God (Mat 12.28)
– Demons know Jesus is the Son of God, unlike some people (Mark 3.11)
Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, “You are the Son of God.”
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that — and shudder. (James 2:19)
Youth Pastors Must REMIND Our Students There Is No Need To Be Scared…
Reminders When Talking about Demons
–> Prayer Must Become A Significant Activity Of Our Lives. (Ephesians 6.10-18)
–> Confront Satanic Influence Radically With The Truth Of God’s Word. (1 John 4.4)
–> Battle has already been won. (1 John 3.8)
–> Saturation With The Scripture Is Essential. (Matthew 4.1-11)
John MacArthur captures this significant truth:
The only way you will know victory in the Christian life is by daily studying the principles of God’s Word. That way you’ll be ready to apply them whenever the world, the flesh, and the devil choose to attack. That means you must saturate your mind with God’s Word. The reason so many Christians fall to temptation is they just don’t know how Scripture deals with what’s troubling them.
** If you want read all 10 of the Top Ten Theological Questions Teens Ask click here